Thursday, May 19, 2016

The District

There was a time where my school thought that the district would be closing our school because of a charter school that invaded our campus. To make sure we wouldn't be closed down, we had to go to the district to show that we were an amazing school. The school encouraged the parents and the students to go and show their support. My mom and I decided to go to the district to support my school. When we got there, there were A LOT of people there. I was surprised because I didn't think there would be this much people. Most of the teachers in my school were there and only a kid from my class, his mom,and my mom and I showed up to go support our school. Compared to the other schools we had a little bit of people. Anyways, since we had to say why or school should not be closed down, my teacher told me if I could say something to the district members. When you talk, you have to stand by a microphone and you have to stand up in front and face the district members. So my school was one of the first schools to speak and I was nervous and shaking because I didn't even know what I was going to say. The kid that came with his mom was also asked to speak but he's too shy so he didn't speak. So it was finally our turn to talk and I felt so nervous because the teachers depended on me to speak great about our school. My teacher was behind me when I was speaking. I don't even remember what I was saying but all of a sudden, I STARTED CRYING! THERE WERE AT LEAST MORE THAN 200 PEOPLE IN THE ROOM WATCHING ME  CRYING FOR NO REASON PLUS THE IMPORTANT DISTRICT MEMBERS. I think I started crying because I was so nervous. I couldn't control my cries and I couldn't even speak anymore. Since my teacher was behind me patting my back, she just screamed "4.0 student!" and everyone started clapping and cheering. I was so confused, embarrassed, and shocked at what had just happened. Because I was so embarrassed, I left to the bathroom and started crying again because I was so embarrassed. I didn't even want to leave the bathroom because there were people everywhere that had watched me. At last my mother came to the bathroom to get me so we could leave. The next day my teacher that was behind me when I was speaking at the district made an announcement thanking the kid and I for showing up and supporting the school. I even got a Jamba Juice from a teacher I didn't even know because he said that I was really brave to stand up in front of all those people and talk about our school. I think after all, it was worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment